Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Dinner with Jackey and Olivia

Since Marnix introduced me to Mr. Kim and Miss Jin, I've had so many nice dinners. Last night I went out with Jackey and Olivia. Both of them work with Mr. Kim and invited me to have dinner with them and two other colleagues. They took me to a popular Korean restaurant in Seomyeon. I'm not sure what kind of restaurant it was, but it was delicious. When I got there, they already ordered a kind of sour pork salad, sounds dodgy but was machita! (delicious in korean) We also had some pig leg - which I only found out about later. They ate the pig feet - EEU! It was so funny because the one girl was teasing Jackey that he looks like a dog eating one of the pig bones. That opened a whole can of 'name-calling'.

After dinner two of the colleagues left and Jackey and Olivia took me to a mini theme park in Gwangali. Frankie and I always see the park because we jog past it, but it always looks closed and abandoned. Apparently not. At first it was a little weird, especially in the middle of the week after dinner, but it turned out to be a lot of fun! At first we watched all the rides (ok there was only 3 - but 3 scary ones) so that we could decide on which to go. We picked the big ship - it's called The Viking. Ratanga also has one of those, but I can't remember the name. After the ship we played some baseball in the batting cages, shot some hoops and some targets.


It's awesome to constantly go out with new people and to dig out new stuff to do.

[Stay tuned for the next post - bugs, butterflies and beetles.] - I like to pretend I'm on TV :)

No comments:

Post a Comment