Sunday, May 16, 2010

11 weekends left in the country

I just came to the shocking realization that I only have 11 days left in Korea! How time flies. I think I'd have to come back in the near future. So much left to do. It's so easy and SO cheap to travel from here and there are so many wonderful and beautiful things to see.

For the 12th last weekend in Korea we celebrated the return of a good friend, my brothers birthday and a trip to Songdo beach and we searched for a parade of monks with lanterns.

Friday the fourteenth my baby brother turned 21! Super bummed that I wasn't home to celebrate with him, but from what I hear the night was BIG and unforgettable! Here in Asia we started the night of at our local hang out Eva's waiting for Captain Awesome, Jared to arrive. Shortly after his arrival we jumped in a cab and made our way to Club Womb in Gwangali.






We quickly learned that we will probably be the only people in the club that night - but had fun nevertheless. We got started off with a good few vodka redbull's at Eva's, so by the time we got to Womb we really didn't care wether or not it was full or empty. We had the bar and the dance floor to ourselves, as well as the awesome lasers!! :)

At about 3/3:30 we had quite enough of Womb and headed off to a Noraebang in Kyuangsang where we sang the morning away until just past 6. It was a good mixture of korean and english classic songs. We had some nachos, beer and chips and lovely comfy leather couches to end the night off perfectly. On our way home we made a quick pitstop at Salome's flat we we had some good chow to lessen the hangover the next day. Nothing works like mince on toast, potato salad, boerewors and coke! Loved it!

Saturday Marie and I had a movie marathon at my house and on Sunday we went to Songdo beach to get the tan on and then for a late afternoon walk around Amnan Park with the locals. The latern festival was scheduled for the night at 6:30 but Marie and I never managed to find the damn monks. pfff




I am going to try to make every weekend as awesome as possible and go on at least one sick adventure mission each weekend. I'll keep you posted!

Have a rad week!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment