Saturday, November 21, 2009

YACHT, Sushi and Stargazing

On Thursday night we had the privilege of seeing YACHT, a band from the States, live in action at PNU (Pusan National University). They were amazing! Thursday night started the celebrations of our friend's, Frankie, birthday. We started the evening off by enjoying a lovely dinner at a Turkish Restaurant. Fillafels, jum!!

After dinner we made our way to Basement, an underground club just a few streets away. Well it's not really a club, more like an underground mystics. The place is tiny and perfect for intimate gigs. We danced like we have never danced before while the vodka cranberries were flowing. At one stage I was wearing a helmut - so you can imagine how sick the evening was.











Needless to say Friday at school was a bit of a struggle, luckily I didn't have a lot of work. After lunch the teachers took me to a movie in the Lotte Department store. I was so happy to find out that it was an English movie, seeing that it was 2 and a half hours long. After the movie was finished we drove off to a sushi restaurant, called Hallo Sushi. I was very nervous about this, cause I wasn't sure how much I'd be able to eat. Or even if I'd be able to eat. Turned out to be delicious! I had an overdose of sushi and fresh fruit. What more can you ask for?





I rushed home after dinner to be on time for the train for Geomyeongsan. We met Frankie at exit 3 of the station to take a taxi up the mountain to the Observatory for stargazing! What an experience! We were 7 girls who met at the top with wine, strawberries and cookies. It was freezing, but I guess that's what the wine was for. I had a filled starbucks flask full of wine :) We got to see Jupiter up close and personal and a beautiful view of Busan and Gwangali Bridge. Our guide even showed us the star consellations, using a super cool light saver - star wars style!







Saturday afternoon I was off to PNU again for some shopping. I desperately needed more warm clothes, seeing that I wear half of my wardrobe in one go. The shopping was a definite success.

Saturday night was Frankie's official birthday dinner. We had dinner at an Indian place. The food was delicious and the ambience was certainly something to remember. The whole place is draped in beautiful Indian materials, with insence and colourful lights. We finished off dinner with a huge, but wonderful apple pie. Thanks Costco.





The plan was to attend battle of the bands after dinner, but it was unfortunately sold out by the time we got there. Instead we just went to Eva's for a night cap and then headed home for a movie and a sleep.

Sundays are chill days. My weekend was awesome! x

No comments:

Post a Comment