Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Zanzibar Day 7

At 03h45 my alarm went off. Breakfast arrived at 04h30 and my transfer waiting outside at 04h45. I made it to the airport with one eye open with James helping me to wake up 

When I got to the airport check in desk they told me that my flight to JHB have been cancelled. I felt like throwing up. Not only is it way too early in the morning, it’s also the LAST thing I wanted to hear. They did however book me on the 09h00 fight to JHB (two hours later!)

Long story short, I finally got to Joburg and ran to domestic departures to check in for my flight. When I got there the 'lovely' gentleman behind the counter told me that my flight is full. I started crying and told the idiot that I will never in my life ever fly BA again. I grabbed my ticket and ran away trying to find any other plane to take me home. Offcourse being a Friday afternoon, there is no way you can get a flight from Jhb to CT so I had to swallow my pride and go and stand in the BA que again. Luckilly another counter opened up after what felt like hours. Then the chick said to me: "Mam, just smile!" I nearly ripped her head off.

I was supposed to fly home at 2, I eventually got on a plane at 4, which was delayed. I was screaming and swearing at the BA supervisor at one stage and managed to get a free ticket out of him. :)

It took met 29 hours to get home (it was only supposed to take 5). So stupid that such a cool trip had to end like this. O well I got home safe and got to spend the whole weekend with my family <3

No comments:

Post a Comment