Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day 11

Gizella and Melinda spent the majority of the day next to the pool working really hard on their tans. I got picked up to go down to mylopotas beach to go diving. Seeing that I haven't done it in such a long time I decided it was wise to start with a shore dive. The actual dice was only 35 minutes and 6m deep. A nice little refresher. Things started off a bit wobbly as the instructors were all gorgeous and they all watched me as I tried to get myself into a wet wetsuit. My bcd was to big for me and made me fall over the whole time. So embarressing, there I was trying to look like a professional diver and I couldn't even stand up straight.

Waves are not a familiar happening at that beach and as Murphy will have it the day I go diving the waves are so big surfers would have a ball. It was a bit of a mission but I got in all right. Under the water things were also a bit messy because I kept falling around with my big BCD. We saw an octopus and a parrot fish. It was also really filthy under the water. All I could see was sand, bottles, wrappers and nets. It was not the best experience ever but atleast I got the chance to dive a little bit.


Ios is known as the all night party island and apparently some off the clubs only open at 03:00. We decided to check out the night life in Ios. Started the night of with dinner and shopping and then went for cocktails at Stella's. I met Stella at the dive centre earlier that day and she invited us over for drinks. She has a gorgeous little bar in Chora.



We popped into disco 69 before heading home and got stuck there for a short while. The bar/club can probably only take about 100 people but it felt like they squashed in 300 people. Nevertheless it was great fun and the perfect way to end off the island part of our trip.




No comments:

Post a Comment