Thursday, August 5, 2010

Last but definitely not least


And so the last month in Korea begins :(

The Friday afternoon we got back from China and the next morning at 7 Marie and I were on the bus on the way to Jisan Valley for the weekend's rock festival.

It was a gooood weekend! We arrived at Jisan about 5 hours later and immediately caught up with Frankie and pitched Marie's tent. Line up for the day was Mute Math and Pet Shop Boys. We immediately made it down to the beer tents and food tents and got the party started. We met up with Jozua and Nic and got ourselves a good picnic spot.

Frankie made me play frisbee - at which I suck - and I got a Korean girl on the nose (almost immediately - 10 points for me). She started crying and asked me for my number incase she has to get plastic surgery. Can you believe it?? Her nose wasn't even bleeding or red from the hit! Naturally I gave her the wrong number - what was I supposed to do? Buy her a band aid? I think not..


Anyways we chilled the whole day and swam and got ready for the Pet Shop Boys! The show was incredible! I even phoned my dad! The crowd went absolutely crazy when 'Going back west' came on! Loved it!!





After the show Frankie, Marie and I attempted to swim. The swimming pool closes at 7 and Asians are very anal about swimming cause the majority can't. We ran down to the swimming pool, threw down our sarongs and jumped in. Nobody even realized we were in the pool until the security guards saw Marie and Frankie's sarongs. They chased us out of the pool so fast, we didn't even have a chance to try and talk our way out of it. It wouldn't've worked anyway cause they couldn't speak english. They were so mad and kept saying 'cutting, cutting', that meant they were threatening to cut our festival bracelets. In the mean time someone (we think it was security) gave Marie and Frankie's sarongs to someone and it just disappeared. Thank goodness they didn't see mine. Our sarongs were our towels and our bedding. O and I wasn't very keen on walking all the way back to our tent just in my bikini. After that we just kept on partying and ended up in a foam party. It was soooo much fun! Everyone eventually went to bed and Nic and I continued drinking jager bombs and dancing in the foam. Eventually I went to bed all soapy, waiting for the swim the next morning.










We baked out of the tent pretty early on the sunday morning and had to wait for the pool to open at 11. Sunday was awesome! We just chilled next to the pool, caught a tan and had fun in the pool. They had a lot of toys in the pool, so we were playing around like a bunch of kids. They even had a floating trampoline. You can just imagine how much fun that was!



The line up for sunday was: Third Eye Blind, Corinne Bailey Rae and MUSE! There's not much I can say about it, except that it was phenomenal and life changing to see those bands live! I wish all my friends could've been with me to enjoy it! That night at 12 we got on the bus back to Busan and arrived back home half past 4 am. It was all worth it! What a wonderful weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment