Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Soccer World Cup 2010

Feel it, it's here!

When I applied to come to Korea I never thought that the World Cup would have a big influence on my life. Everybody kept asking me: "What about the World Cup?" I just kept replying that I don't really like soccer.. BIG MISTAKE!

Turns out I'm quite a fan. Ok, ok I won't go that far, but I'm enjoying watching the games this side of the world. On Friday all the South Africans in Busan was buzzing all over the show and everybody wanted to go home. Marie even had a brief moment on the radio telling the Koreans what a beautiful and wonderful country we have.

Friday night all of us got together and went to our local pub Eva's for the opening ceremony and game against Mexico. We arrived very early cause we wanted good seats. As we arrived, Jo-anni was already there organising the music. I never would have thought that we would listen to Kurt Darren, Bok van Blerk, Jack Parow, etc. in Korea in a bar. WTF? It was perfect to get the mood going and to get everyone excited! South Africans practically filled the bar.


Eva's organised some awesome drink specials. When you buy your first drink you get a wristband with the team of your choice on it. If your team scores the first goal you get a free drink and if your team wins - you drink for free for 30 minutes! Cool hey?


The gees was amazing in Eva's and all the South Africans got up to join in the National Anthem with their hands on their chests. It was AWESOME!

Check out the pics and stay tuned for some more world cup madness.





Saturday night we went back to Eva's to watch the Korean game. Korea KILLED!! Imagine Korea and South Africa ends up playing against each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment