Thursday, March 11, 2010

What? Huh... How?

So on Wednesday morning I wake up to a call from Salome, even before my alarm went off for school. 06:57 am. As I was trying to get my voice to work she started shouting: Dude, open you window!!

You will never believe what I saw when I opened my window! S*N*O*W!! wtf?

view uit my venster

First of all, we live by the beach and as you know that's the last place it ever snows. Second of all, it's March and its Spring (supposedly). Third of all, it didn't snow in winter and last week the sun was still shining. Global Warming jou bitch!

Still, it was awesome! I immediately called the school and told them I wasn't going in and that I wanted to play in the snow - it never snows back home ... My school agreed! How sick is that? Anyways, so Salome and I ran around the block taking pictures of absolutely everything and trying really hard not to slip and land on our asses. At this point it was still snowing, so bad that it was hard keeping your eyes open. Not that we were complaining.






My paadjie skool toe

We decided to go onto the roof of our building and check out the scenery and see how much snow was gathered up there. When I got to the roof, the first thing I did was make a snow angel. There wasn't enough snow to actually do it, but I had fun!




We also tried to make a mini snow man and to attack people from the roof with snow balls. That didn't go as well.. :)

At that stage it was 9 o' clock in the morning and we were still busy trying to convince Salome's school to let her stay home. I made us a very big jummy Nus breakfast, consisting of bacon, mince, eggs, mushrooms, onions and toast with tomatoes. Normally after a breakfast like that, your hang over will be gone and it will be time for the best nap ever. Not this Wednesday! Salome's school finally agreed to let her stay home so after we got dressed we got on the subway towards the beach.




It was soooo cool! I never thought that I would actually see snow on a beach. It was ridiculous! The beach was the best spot for snowmen. The poor seagulls refused to fly and stayed in the 'waves' instead. The pigeons were braver and missioned around on the beach. We just finished our hot chocolates and decided to go see a movie at Lotte Cinema next to Shinsegae. We saw Alice in Wonderland in 3D! Johnny Depp I love you forever!

By the way, the sun is shining again ... (but it's still freezing!!)

Are you doing your part for the world? (Recycle or take part in Earth Hour, just do something!)

No comments:

Post a Comment