Monday, September 14, 2009

The second week of teaching went down fine, except for a mishap or two. The grade 6's were nightmares! My lesson was about vacations and I asked them to write a postcard to a friend. You will never believe what the one kid wrote on his post card. It is to rude to say/type, but I will post a picture so that you can see for yourself. I was shocked!

Anyways I'm slowly but surely starting to get used to walking to school and back everyday, now I just need to get an Ipod to keep me busy. (it's quite a boring walk) For those of you who didn't hear - I forgot my Ipod on one of the planes on the way to Korea. Bummer! O well these things are soooo cheap over hear, so I ordered one that hasn't even been released in SA. Or so they tell me.. I can't wait for that call from the A-store.

This weekend was pretty chilled. We planned on going to the beach on Saturday, but the weather ruined everything. Instead we decided to look for a place where Salome can permanently straighten her hair. We ended up getting our hair and feet done. What a nice pamper day? I can seriously get used to that. After our pamper session we headed to Centum City for some shopping. If we could afford anything in that place, it surely would've been a Sex and the City day. O well, a girl can dream :)

Sunday was the perfect beach day. We played whale-whale the whole day and just relaxed in the sun. It was amazing. Something that really ended off the lazy day was a good Chinese meal at our favorite Chinese restaurant.

O, I forgot to tell you... My co-teacher asked me if she can use some of my ideas in her thesis! Pretty cool huh?

O and another thing - I am officially an alien in this country and will get my cellphone within the next hour or so. Will post my number here tomorrow for you to contact me (if you want to)

x

No comments:

Post a Comment