Monday, August 31, 2009

A little bit more about Busan: Busan has a few really nice beaches, but my favorites are Gwangali and Hae-undae beach. It's huge and every year during October Hae-undae beach hosts an Internation Film Festival. I will be sure to attend that one and hopefully I'll spot some celebs!! I hope so :) Apparently Busan also has the biggest fountain in the world. I haven't seen it yet, but it surely is on my to-do list. Yesterday I went on this huge shopping mission. Everyone told me to go to Centum City and as I got of the subway and walked up the stairs, I literally walked into Louis Vuitton and Prada!!! I wish you could've seen it. I wanted to get out my camera and start snapping, but instead I decided to act the part. Obviously I didn't buy anything I just walked around looking rich. It was fun, just wish I could afford something. Even Gap was too expensive and it was the only 'cheap' shop I could find. Ok well that's not what I wanted to tell you. What I eventually found out was that this wasn't a shopping mall, it was one big shop!!!!!!!!! In fact the biggest store in the world..insane!

About my flat: It's rediculously small, but liveable. Feels like I'm living in a dormitory, but it's all I need so it's ok! The coolest thing about the flat is that it is extremely central and is surrounded by about a million bars :) (evil laugh) it is also 2 blocks down from starbucks, my new best friend! We also live about right next to the university so the whole place is full of students and the nigths are insane!

Today was my first school day. I haven't started teaching yet, just had to meet everyone at the school today. Was very nerve wrecking but it went down allright. I had to stand up infront of everyone and introduce myself. Nobody can understand english so I introduced myself in Korean and I think I impressed them a lot. Now I just need to learn to actually speak the language. I think if you really put your mind to it it won't be tooo difficult!! I think I'm only starting to teach on wednesday so I still have a little bit of time to prepare my lesson. I have to walk to school everyday and it takes me 30 minutes. Hopefully I'll be skinny within the next few weeks..haha! I finally found a cellphone, but I'm not connected yet. I have to get my alien registration card first and then I can connect and get a number. Will let you know as soon as I'm connected.

No comments:

Post a Comment